Whole 30 Month – Day 14, 15, 16, & 17
Welp. It’s official. The Whole 30 is now boring LOL. Ok, not really, but we have gotten into a routine where I’m hardly thinking about it anymore. It also doesn’t help that for un-diet related reasons I haven’t been feeling good or feeling like eating. (I’m ok…it happens every month).
Actually, I was really hoping the intestinal distress that comes with this time of the month would be significantly better on an eating routine change, but it’s still been sucky. Though, I’ve definitely had worse months so I guess it’s some improvement?
Anyway, still don’t miss cheese though I do miss booze. Namely social drinking. Maybe I just miss being social. Hell, we could probably be drinking water and I’d be happy as long as it was with people outside of my housemates (don’t get me wrong…I love my housemates but I want to see DIFFERENT people).
The TLDR Version
We have eaten stuff. And made things. We have convinced Eric to buy an air fryer and a juicer…thanks, sugar daddy! Or, I guess in this case anti-sugar daddy because we are learning to make our own chips and juice WITHOUT added sugar! Either way, it was nice to have juice!
Our dinners for the last day have been:
Day 14 (Jan 24)
Some notes on the cassava flour tortillas:
- They are so cool! Chewy like flour and have a neat flavor.
- They are time consuming to make.
- They should be eaten fresh.
- You can put them in the air fryer and make GF pita chips
- 3/4 members of our household recommend them over corn or flour
Day 15 (Jan 25)
I’m not sure if stuffed peppers are my thing, with rice or without. They had a good flavor and are filling, but for some reason they just don’t excite me. Also, replacing rice with more veggies like zucchini was kinda weird. IDK not my favorite.
Day 16 (Jan 26)
More like a white chicken tortilla soup. Man I wish we’d had some of those cassava pita from Monday. It was good though but a little thin. Probably could’ve added potatoes to thicken it up. It was even better the next day too!
Day 17 (Jan 27)
Beef Barbacoa Bowls w/ Cauliflower Rice and Greens (aka Qdoba W30 copycat bowl).
Eric thought it was a little too sweet but we did marinate it in orange juice (fresh squeezed!). And the addition of cloves was interesting but IMO worked well! Way better than Qdoba!
The Whole (30) Story
I don’t have much more from the last few days. I’ve been hiding & exhausted and alternately staring at the screen regretting my life and spending hours on my webpage update (and apparently getting the post removed from a FB writers group after asking for advice on it. Apparently I was “marketing” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
Either way, I did it all for you…you ungrateful hooligans.
Shameless plug time: peruse the rest of my website! There’s tons of new writing resources as well as old projects given new life. Lastly, I put some of my crappy art and bomb-ass apocalypse photoshoot pics up as well.
I’ll be adding more content periodically so check back soon!
Day 14 (Jan 24)
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Uncured Pork Belly “baconish” (not really bacon but still tasty) from Costco
- Pan fried tomatoes
- RX Bar
- Maybe something else…can’t remember
- Mahi Mahi tacos
- Guac and Pineapple/Mango Salsa
Day 15 (Mon, Jan 25)
- Raspberries w/ coconut cream
- Leftover Greek Chicky Nuggies w/ buffalo sauce
- 1/2 Avocado
- Stuffed Peppers
Day 16 (Tues, Jan 26)
- Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries w/ Coconut cream & no-grain granola
- Stuffed Pepper Filling
- Beef Barbacoa Bowls
- Cauliflower Rice & Greens
- Guac and salsa (some of the leftover pineapple/mango salsa from Monday)
Day 17 (Weds, Jan 27)
- Scrambled eggs w/ W30 ketchup (or “the gods’ gift to the no-sugar-added club”)
- Leftover White Chicken Chili
- Sunflower Seeds
- Fresh squeezed apple juice
- W30 White Chicken Chili
So we are definitely getting into a routine which is good I hope. Maybe this will carry over when we’re done!